Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Philadelphia PA
A Philadelphia motorcycle accident lawyer can help if you were seriously hurt in an accident. Motorcycle riders have the same rights to the road as other vehicles. However, sometimes the drivers of other vehicles fail to share the road or keep a proper lookout for bikers. Even the most responsible rider is at the mercy of other motorists.
In the event of an accident, insurance companies and defense lawyers often defend motorcycle injury claims on the basis that the rider is at fault simply because riding a bike has risks. The Philadelphia motorcycle accident attorneys at the Wieand Law Firm don’t think that kind of treatment is fair and won’t give up until you are fully compensated for your injuries.
Philadelphia Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Philadelphia Motorcycle Accident Lawyer with Experience
- Do I need to Wear a Helmet When Riding a Motorcycle in Pennsylvania?
- What if I Was Injured in a Motorcycle Accident but I Was Not Wearing a Helmet?
- Motorcycle Accident Injury Statistics
- Free Legal Consultation with a Philadelphia Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Determination of fault
- Tips To Stay Safe:
- Filing a Motorcycle Accident Personal Injury Claim
- Wieand Law Firm Philadelphia Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Philadelphia Motorcycle Accident Lawyer with Experience
The Wieand Law Firm is a strong advocate for motorcycle riders. Motorcycle accident attorney, Brent Wieand, is familiar with the bias motorcycle riders face in the event of an accident. Public opinion and sometimes even police reports go against the rider. He will fight to make sure you are treated fairly and work zealously on your behalf to defend your legal rights associated with motorcycle riding.
If you are involved in a motorcycle collision, the last thing you want to deal with is legal proceedings. Let the Wieand Law Firm take on this burden for you. The right motorcycle accident lawyer in Philadelphia can help you put your life back together and get you compensation for losses such as medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and wrongful death.
Do I need to Wear a Helmet When Riding a Motorcycle in Pennsylvania?
Pursuant to Pennsylvania’s helmet law which became effective on September 4, 2003. A motorcycle rider who is over 21 years old and has been licensed to operate for 2 full calendar years, or has completed a motorcycle rider safety course, is not required to wear a helmet. However, that certainly doesn’t mean you shouldn’t.
Helmets Save Lives!
Traumatic brain injuries are the leading cause of death in motorcycle crashes. A helmet can help protect a rider in a crash by distributing the force across the outer shell and the impact-absorbing liner. Statistics show that wearing a helmet can reduce your risk of dying in a motorcycle accident by almost one third.
What if I Was Injured in a Motorcycle Accident but I Was Not Wearing a Helmet?
A motorcyclist may be able to recover compensation for personal injuries or wrongful death even if he/she was not wearing a helmet. Failing to wear a helmet does not necessarily bar recovery after an accident in Pennsylvania, regardless of your age or driving experience.
To recover for personal injuries suffered in a motorcycle accident, you must prove negligence on the part of another party. If your own negligence contributed to the accident or your injuries, the amount of compensation awarded may be reduced. However, Pennsylvania is a comparative negligence state. This means that if you are partially at fault for the accident, your recovery will be reduced pro-rata for your comparative negligence.
To discuss your legal rights following a collision contact a motorcycle accident lawyer Philadelphia residents trust at the Wieand Law Firm today.
Motorcycle Accident Injury Statistics
If you dare to ride, you should know the facts about motorcycle accidents.
- 42% (1,998) of motorcyclists in 2011 were killed in two-vehicle accidents of which 38% (757) was the result of another vehicle turning left in front of the motorcycle.
- 2,449 (49%) of all fatal motorcycle accidents in 2011 were the result of a bike colliding with another vehicle — only 6% of deaths were due to a bike being hit from behind. The Centers for Disease Control also reported on motorcycle accidents from 2001 through 2008.
- Over 34,000 motorcyclists are killed in accidents each year.
- The most likely age groups to be injured or killed on a motorcycle are persons 20-29 years of age.
- More than 50% of non-fatal injuries are to the back, neck, legs, and feet.
- Over 1,222,000 motorcyclists have been treated in the emergency room for non-fatal injuries. The minimal amount of protection offered to motorcyclists makes them vulnerable to the unexpected on our roadways. Even with mandated safety precautions, too many serious injuries occur. The Philadelphia motorcycle accident lawyers at Wieand Law Firm remind riders to be safe and to try to be seen while on the road.
Free Legal Consultation with a Philadelphia Motorcycle Accident Attorney
For a free and friendly, no-obligation consultation contact an experienced Philadelphia motorcycle accident attorney at (215) 666-7777. The Wieand Law Firm represents injured clients on a contingency fee basis. This means you will never owe costs or attorneys fees unless he recovers money for you.
The founder of Wieand Law Firm, Philadelphia motorcycle accident lawyer, Brent Wieand, has been chosen a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Brent represents motorcycle accident victims throughout all of Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, you need a Philadelphia motorcycle accident lawyer at the Wieand Law Firm on your side. With spring officially underway, many motorcyclists are clamoring for the beginning of motorcycle season. The summer riding season brings more than 800,000 licensed Pennsylvania motorcycle riders onto the roads. Unfortunately, while motorcycle accidents are not necessarily more common than other types of automobile accidents, they often cause serious or fatal injuries.
In fact, 98% of multiple vehicle collisions and 96% of single-vehicle accidents resulted in some kind of injury to the motorcycle rider, with 45% of these injuries being moderate to severe. If you have been injured in a crash, you should seek the advice of a Philadelphia motorcycle accident lawyer to pursue compensation for injuries and lost property.
Determination of fault
Similar to other vehicular accidents, determination of fault is necessary in order to pursue a claim. In multi-vehicle accidents, other motorists commonly fail to recognize the motorcyclist while in traffic. This may be due to glare, obstruction by another vehicle, or failure of another motorist to assure safety prior to changing lanes. Intersections are a common location of motorcycle accidents. Serious and fatal injuries have occurred due to another motorist’s failure to yield to a motorcycle’s right of way, or when another motorist runs a red light or stop sign. If you believe another driver is responsible for your accident, please contact the Wieand Law Firm, LLC to speak with a Philadelphia motorcycle accident lawyer who can help you pursue aggressive legal action for your injuries.
Any motorcycle rider who is injured in a single-vehicle crash should seek the aid of a Philadelphia motorcycle accident lawyer for thorough review and consultation. Determination of cause in single-vehicle accidents can be challenging. These types of crashes can be attributed to potholes, sinkholes, or improperly maintained road surfaces. Or, the motorcyclist may have swerved to avoid another vehicle that subsequently leaves the site of the crash. Malfunctioning equipment, while rarer, can also cause or contribute to accidents. Depending on the scenario, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and economic damages.
Tips To Stay Safe:
There are ways to reduce the risk of injury while enjoying motorcycle excursions. According to Brent Wieand, a Philadelphia motorcycle accident lawyer, a few important steps can be pivotal in escaping or minimizing injury due to a motorcycle crash.
- Never drive impaired – A 2015 National Highway Safety Administration (NHSA) report demonstrated that 30% of all motorcycle accidents involved an impaired motorcyclist
- Attend a Pennsylvania Motorcycle Safety Program offered by Penn Dot – These classes are free for all Pennsylvania residents.
- Wear a helmet and use eye protection – Reducing glare and wind allows a driver to see and respond to hazards more quickly.
- Additionally, helmet use has been shown to greatly reduce head and neck injuries and save lives. According to the NHTA, for every 100 fatal motorcycle accidents where the driver was not wearing a helmet, 37 could have been saved by being helmeted.
- “Be seen – Use headlights at all times and wear reflective clothing to improve your visibility to other motorists.
- Never drink and drive; intoxicated riders are far more likely to be involved in a crash
- Avoid lane splitting. This is illegal in many states and can be hazardous for motorcyclists.
- Invest in a motorcycle with an antilock brake system (ABS). The ABS prevents the wheels of the motorcycle from locking during a hard brake. This reduces the risk of motorcycle skidding out of control.
- Practice defensive driving by being vigilant and anticipating dangerous situations
- Consider taking a motorcycle safety course
Philadelphia Motorcycle Accident Law Infographic
Filing a Motorcycle Accident Personal Injury Claim
If you or a loved one has been injured or died due to a motorcycle accident, it’s important that you have the support of a Philadelphia motorcycle accident lawyer who will aggressively litigate your claim and seek fair compensation. The Wieand Law Firm, LLC will take the time to listen to your individual situation and provide that skilled advice you need to take action.
To speak with a Philadelphia motorcycle accident lawyer at the Wieand Law Firm, LLC call us today at 215-666-7777 to receive a free, no-obligation consultation.
As a motorcycle accident lawyer Philadelphia respects can attest, the overwhelming majority of motorcycle accidents are caused by another driver violating the motor cyclist’s right of way. This can be due to a failure of the other motorist to see the motorcycle; for example; when the motorcycle is in a “blind spot” of the other motorist. Because of their smaller size, motorcycles are also less likely to be seen at an intersection. Other times, another motorist may be distracted and drift into the path of the motorcycle, causing a head-on collision. Motorcyclists involved in collisions often suffer significant injuries; a motorcycle accident lawyer Philadelphia counts on can help provide capable representation to victims seeking to recover damages.
Determining fault for a motorcycle accident may be clear-cut or complex. Even if the motorcyclist was partially at fault, they may still have a claim. A Philadelphia motorcycle accident lawyer can provide advice and help determine if there is any comparative negligence in the situation. Once fault is determined, a claim can be initiated to pursue compensation for the motorcyclist’s injuries.
If you have been the victim of a motorcycle accident, it’s important that you have the support of an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer Philadelphia can count on to pursue fair compensation for your physical injuries, pain, and suffering. The Wieand Law Firm, LLC will take the time to listen to your individual situation and provide the expert advice you need to take action. To speak with a motorcycle accident lawyer Philadelphia depends on the Wieand Law Firm, LLC call us today at 215-666-7777 to receive a free, no-obligation consultation.
Wieand Law Firm Philadelphia Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
1800 JFK Blvd Suite 1400, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Philadelphia Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Google Review
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“It is great having an attorney who always gets back to you immediately, answers any and all questions (and I had many), and who honestly cares about his client. He provided me with the help and the experienced council that I needed in a tough situation. I strongly recommend him to anyone looking for a personal injury lawyer. ”
Call an Experienced Philadelphia Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Call the Wieand Law Firm to speak with a motorcycle accident lawyer Philadelphia trusts. With summer weather finally upon us, motorcycle riders are hitting the open road. However, what starts as a recreational ride can end in tragedy when another motorist fails to fails to safely operate their vehicle. Motorcycle riders are at high risk for injury or death in a collision, as the motorcycle provides very limited protection in an accident. Cyclists involved in an accident should seek representation, as significant injuries and lost time from work is very common outcomes in a motorcycle crash. To speak to a top motorcycle accident lawyer Philadelphia has to offer call Wieand Law Firm.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice.