Philadelphia Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
Every year, as many as 500,000 new spinal cord injuries occur around the world. Spinal cord injuries are some of the most serious outcomes that can arise in car accidents, slip and falls, medical mistakes, sports incidents, and other traumatic events. Damage to the spine can cause permanent loss of feeling and motor function (paralysis) in different areas of the body.
There is currently no cure for spine injuries. Damage is typically permanent, although a patient’s status may improve with years of rehabilitation. For such catastrophic injuries, you need highly experienced spinal cord injury attorneys in Philadelphia. Wieand Law Firm, LLC knows how to handle spinal cord injury claims and can help you get the most out of your lawsuit.
FAQs About Spinal Cord Injury Claims in Philadelphia
At the onset of a spine injury claim, you might not know what to expect from the legal process. Our firm offers free case evaluations so you can get answers to your specific claim risk-free. In the meantime, we hope these frequently asked questions offer some clarity on this complex legal subject. Here are some of the most common questions we hear:
- What is a spine injury claim worth? This depends on several factors, but since most spine injuries cause permanent disability, compensation can be significant. The law calculates settlements and verdicts by adding the values of all related past and future medical costs, physical pain, emotional suffering, lost income, lost enjoyment of life, and many other damages together.
- How long will a lawsuit take? There is no one answer to this question. Spine injury claims are very detailed, with lots of discovery and negotiations to process before reaching suitable resolutions. A great team of lawyers can expedite the process as much as possible, filing claims on time and staying on top of them through every phase of the legal process.
- Do I have to go to court? Not necessarily. Many personal injury cases settle successfully outside of the courtroom since defending parties often do not want to risk going to trial. For such a serious injury, however, it may be necessary to take the claim to court in pursuit of maximum compensation. Our trial-tested lawyers aren’t afraid of going in front of a Philadelphia judge or jury.
- Who is liable for my injury? The courts will determine liability based on who breached a duty of care, causing or contributing to your spine injury. It is up to you, the plaintiff, to prove negligence. Liability can fall on a driver, an employer, a product manufacturer, property owner, doctor, and/or any other party that played a role in your accident.
- How much does an attorney cost? At Wieand Law Firm, LLC, we work on a contingency-fee basis. That means we take our fees out of compensation we win our clients – but only if we win. If we lose a case, the client owes us nothing. This setup allows anyone and everyone to benefit from an attorney’s professional services.
Spinal cord injuries are some of the most serious claims we handle at our Philadelphia firm. We have the knowledge, resources, and experience to take these claims where they need to go for the best possible outcomes for our clients. It’s our mission to help those living with spine injuries and their family members. Explore your legal options with the assistance of our Philadelphia spinal cord injury lawyers. Call (215) 666-7777 or reach out online.