If you were seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident, you probably have a thousand questions running through your mind. Who was at fault? How will I pay my medical bills? Will my car be repaired? What will insurance pay for? What if I can’t go back to work? How long will it take for me to recover from my injuries?
At the Wieand Law Firm, our goal to connect you with our Philadelphia car accident attorney to help you answer these questions and gain peace of mind during this difficult time. We know there is no such thing as a simple accident. Following a collision, you need an experienced trial lawyer who knows the ropes and will fight hard for the maximum compensation, whether that means working to negotiate a settlement agreement, or aggressively litigating your case in court.
If you or a loved one was injured in a car crash, truck accident, motorcycle accident, or another type of auto accident in Pennsylvania or New Jersey, count on the Philadelphia vehicle accident lawyers at the Wieand Law Firm to fight for compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. Your focus should be on getting your life back in order: let us take care of the rest. To talk about your injury claim in a free legal consultation, contact us at (215) 666-7777.
Experienced Injury Lawyer Representing Vehicle Accident Victims
Auto accidents happen frequently in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. They can occur in any type of weather, at any time of day, whether it’s Market Street in Center City, Philadelphia, a commuter-congested highway like the New Jersey Turnpike or Schuylkill Expressway (I-76), or a quiet suburban road in your hometown neighborhood.
In most cases, driver error is to blame. The vast majority of auto accidents are caused by driver mistakes, deliberate disregard for traffic laws, such as running a red light, speeding excessively, failing to stop at a stop sign, texting while driving, or driving while intoxicated by drugs or alcohol.
The Wieand Law Firm has represented numerous injury victims and families of wrongful death victims in a wide array of vehicular accident cases. We handle Pennsylvania and New Jersey cases including:
- Boating Accidents – Boating accidents become fairly common during the balmy summer months, occurring in bodies of water such as the Delaware River, Delaware Bay, or in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of the Jersey Shore. If a boat accident is caused by the negligent or reckless operation of a speedboat, sailboat, or other types of water vessel, the injury victim may be entitled to compensation.
- Car Accidents – These accidents are by far the most common type of auto accident. In 2015 alone, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) reported that nearly 118,000 cars were involved in crashes and collisions. Compensation in Pennsylvania or New Jersey may be available for injuries, fatal accidents, and property damage.
- Drunk Driving Accidents – Drunk driving is an entirely preventable yet common cause of automotive accidents in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, particularly during weekends and holidays. At the Wieand Law Firm, LLC, we work to hold motorists who drive under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol accountable for the harm they cause to innocent drivers.
- Motorcycle Accidents – While any type of vehicle can be involved in a crash or collision, motorcycle wrecks are especially dangerous due to the motorcyclist’s lack of protection. According to a 2013 report by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), “Per vehicle mile traveled, motorcyclist fatalities occurred 26 times more frequently than passenger car occupant fatalities in traffic crashes.” Brent Wieand is experienced in handling motorcycle wrongful death claims on behalf of surviving spouses and relatives.
- SEPTA Accidents – Countless Philadelphians rely on SEPTA for commuting to work, running errands, and getting to school. While SEPTA rides are usually safe, issues like train defects and, crashes and unexpected jolts can give rise to personal injury claims if a passenger is harmed as a result. The Wieand Law Firm can assist victims whose injuries were caused by hazards at a train station or subway platform.
- Train Crash – Train accidents are uncommon, but often produce numerous devastating injuries and fatalities due to the tremendous size and power of the vehicles involved. A recent example was the tragic Amtrak Train 188 derailment of 2015, which killed eight and injured more than 100. The Wieand Law Firm handles Pennsylvania and New Jersey train accidents involving Amtrak, SEPTA, NJ Transit, PATCO, and others.
- Truck Accidents – Trucking accidents involve large trucks, such as construction vehicles, heavy commercial trucks, 18-wheelers, and semi-trailers. Truck crashes often result in debilitating injuries and wrongful death to the driver of the other vehicle due to the huge weight and speed of commercial vehicles compared to passenger vehicles.
- Bicycle Accidents – Bike crashes occur all the time in the city of Philadelphia unfortunately. Though it would be safe if drivers didn’t ignore the rules of the road, sometimes people make mistakes while driving which can lead to injury or even death. No matter the injury, the lawyers at Wieand Law Firm, LLC can help you.
Other types of vehicular injury claims we handle include:
- Auto crashes involving Cyclists and Pedestrians
- Aggressive Driving
- Bad Faith Insurance
- Collisions with pedestrians in the crosswalk
- Defective Airbags
- Defective Brake Systems
- Defective Tires
- Distracted Driving
- Dram Shop Liability (Drunk Driving Accidents)
- Fatigued Driving
- Head-On Collisions
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Intersection Accidents
- Lane Change Accidents
- Lyft and Uber Accidents
- Parking Garage Accidents
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Rollover Accidents
- Side-Impact Collisions (“T-Bone” Accidents)
- Sideswipe Accidents
- Taxi Accidents
- Texting and Driving
- Trolley Accidents
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists (UM/UIM)
Compensation for Medical Bills and Injuries Caused by Auto Accidents
Auto accidents kill and injure thousands of people in Pennsylvania and New Jersey every year. According to PennDOT accident statistics, over 80,000 victims were injured in crashes in 2015. The same year, the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) reported over 60,400 injury crashes.
Our personal injury attorneys have extensive experience handling a broad variety of claims and lawsuits in Pennsylvania and New Jersey We understand the physical, emotional, and financial devastation that can result from a serious injury, including the long-term costs. We will fight to see that you obtain the resources you need to take care of yourself and your family after a crash has occurred.
Types of car accident injury claims our law firm handles in Pennsylvania and New Jersey include, but are not limited to:
- Ankle Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Broken Teeth
- Burn Injuries
- Cuts and Lacerations
- Dislocated Joints
- Foot Injuries
- Hand Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Hip Injuries
- Internal Bleeding
- Neck Injuries
- Nerve Damage
- Scarring and Disfigurement
- Seatbelt Injuries
- Severe Road Rash
- Shoulder Injuries
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCI)
- Torn Ligaments
- Torn Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Wrist Injuries
- Wrongful Death
How to Get Compensated for a Vehicle Accident Injury in PA or NJ
Financial compensation for medical bills lost income, and other financial losses, such as diminished future earning capacity, may be available for auto accident victims in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. In some cases, it is possible to obtain compensation for non-economic losses (“non-economic damages”), such as pain and suffering.
Compensation may be recoverable through a third-party auto accident claim, which is a claim you file with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. If the insurer refuses to make a reasonable settlement offer, going to court may become necessary. It is critical to be represented by a skilled and aggressive auto accident lawyer throughout this process because the insurance company will fight to pay as little as possible, or even deny your claim.
Pennsylvania follows a comparative negligence rule. Comparative negligence means that you can collect damages if you are injured in a vehicle accident as long as you are not over 50% responsible for the accident. If you are found to be more than 50% responsible for an accident, you cannot recover compensation for damages caused in the accident. It is your car accident attorney’s job to prove that another party was negligent, or the cause of the crash which injured you.
Even if you believe you may be partially at fault, you are still encouraged to contact our law offices to discuss your legal options. You have nothing to lose: the initial consultation is free of charge, and there are no costs unless Brent Wieand recovers money for you.
Strong Personal Injury Representation for Automobile, Truck, and Train Accidents
When you hire the Wieand Law Firm, you’ll never have to wonder what comes next in your claim. We will have a candid conversation about your case, including potential problems, legal hurdles, and steps to take to maximize the value of your settlement or award. Our car accident lawyers are personally available to answer any questions you may have about the claims or litigation process, so won’t be left in the dark.
We have years of experience successfully representing victims of car, truck, train, boat, SEPTA, and motorcycle accidents in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and have obtained numerous six-figure settlements and awards.
The Wieand Law Firm solely represents plaintiffs – never insurance companies. We will give you the individualized attention you deserve and will carefully analyze your case with the goal of seeing that you are made whole for harms caused by the negligent or reckless conduct of the defendant. At the Wieand Law Firm, you are not just another case. To us, it’s personal.
We work on a contingency basis, so you never owe a fee unless we recover compensation for you. We represent accident victims throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey, including but not limited to Allegheny County, Bergen County, Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Essex County, Hudson County, Lancaster County, Lehigh County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Union County, and York County. For a free legal consultation, call the Wieand Law Firm, LLC at (215) 666-7777 today.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“I highly recommend the Wieand Law Firm. Brent’s team of professionals are diligent, responsive, and always had my interests at heart.”