Personal Injury Lawyer Philadelphia PA
If you have been injured from another person’s negligent actions, you should speak with a Philadelphia, PA personal injury lawyer from Wieand Law Firm, LLC. Are you facing large expenditures and have no way to cover their costs? Do you feel overwhelmed with the situation, or concerned about what you can do to get through it without putting yourself into debt – that you should not be faced with? If you can relate to this scenario, please call our firm to speak with a personal injury lawyer Philadelphia, Pennsylvania residents trust.
As a leading personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia, we understand that there are few things in life that can be as stressful as suffering from a personal injury. Vehicular accidents, slip and falls, and defective products are some of the leading reasons for personal injury claims to be filed. While each of them may include unique factors, all will involve stress, anxiety, and even hurdles to overcome. Although it is your right to pursue compensation on your own, you might find yourself in a situation that only worsens your stress load. A personal injury lawyer can defend your case for you at no upfront charge. Working on a contingency fee basis, we will protect your rights and interests, while also seeking maximum damages. Guided by our knowledge, experience, and zealous drive to get successful results, we have recovered millions of dollars in damages. If this is the kind of Philadelphia, PA personal injury lawyer you are looking for, call us.
5 Questions To Ask When Meeting With a Personal Injury Lawyer
Four Myths About Personal Injuries Debunked
Damages Resulting from a Personal Injury
Any injury can take its toll on the physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing of the victim. However, when the injury could have been prevented, had it not been for the actions, or lack of, from another person, the outcome can be exacerbated. Any personal injury can result in:
- Physical pain from the injury.
- Thousands of dollars in medical bills.
- The inability to work.
- Loss of employment or employment opportunities.
- Loss of the ability to enjoy hobbies and activities.
- Loss of a relationship.
- Increase in stress and mental conditions, such as PTSD and depression.
When you are coping with the above, you may be in a vulnerable situation. As this is going on, insurance companies may contact you to offer a low settlement. If you’re not in a clear mindset, you might accept this without thinking about the potential repercussions. For instance, if you have not completed your medical treatment and you accept an offer from the adjustors, you may very well recover less than what your losses total. If this should be true, it will be up to you to pay for anything that was not covered by the settlement. This mistake is all too common but can be avoided by asking a personal injury lawyer to help you.
For a consultation with our personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia, PA, please call our office.
A personal injury lawyer Philadelphia, PA relies on knows that you may be wondering what kinds of damages you can receive in your personal injury case. While every personal injury case is unique, there are many damages that are common. We know that when you have been injured by someone else’s negligence, you may feel very overwhelmed. In addition to the physical pain you may be going through as you recover, it may be one more thing to add to your list: you may have hospital treatments, physical therapy appointments, you may be forced to take time off work, and you may have property damage to deal with. That is why a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania personal injury lawyer is here for you. When you already have so much on your plate, we want to help you with your personal injury case. To learn more about the types of damages that you can get after an injury, give us a call.
Types of Damages in a Personal Injury Case
You know that your situation was not fair: you were minding your own business when out of nowhere someone else’s negligence harmed you. So, what can you do about it? Our personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia, PA wants you to know that you have options, especially when it comes to the types of damages you can receive.
- Lost Wages. When you are unable to work due to your injuries, it is possible to receive compensation for your lost wages. If you were unable to work for three months as you recovered, we would argue that you are owed compensation for those three months. If you were forced to take sick days or vacation days while you recovered, we would also argue that you should be compensated for losing those days.
- Medical Bills. You may be wondering how you can possibly pay for all of the medical bills. Especially if insurance does not cover certain things, you may feel like you need to take drastic measures to pay for surgery or hospital visits. However, we believe that the person who caused your injuries should have to pay for your treatments.
- Emotional Harm. While it may seem easier to receive compensation for economic items like medical bills or lost wages, you may also wonder if you can be compensated for emotional distress. If we can prove that you have suffered from emotional distress as a direct result of the personal injury, it is possible to receive compensation.
Different Types of Injuries That May Be Eligible for a Personal Injury Case
There are quite a few different personal injuries that may be the basis of a strong personal injury case. That case could bring about an ample amount of compensation for pain and suffering and other damages. Some of the most common injuries that constitute a personal injury case are:
- Car & Truck Accidents – Car and truck accidents are some of the most common personal injury cases. The damages involved in these could be quite high depending on the severity of the injury. When someone has acted negligently behind the wheel like drinking and driving or paying more attention to their phone than the road, then they must be held accountable for the pain they have caused others in an accident.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Pedestrian accidents may occur from being struck by a vehicle or bicycle. These injuries range from minor scrapes to major injuries like broken bones and in some extreme cases, death.
- Bicycle Accidents – Similarly to pedestrian accidents, these also generally happen from a collision with a vehicle.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcycle accidents may be caused by negligent drivers, roads that are not maintained properly, and other reasons.
- Dog Bites – Dog bites can be a scary injury. A dog bite may cause harmful diseases in the human body as well as swelling and bruising.
- Slip & Fall Accidents – A slip and fall accident has major ranges in the severity of the injury. Some people have had nearly no injury from the accident while others have had severe brain injuries.
- Escalator/Elevator Incidents – Escalators and elevators cause more than 10,000 injuries per year in the US. They unfortunately also kill a few people each year.
- Construction Accidents – Construction sites can be particularly dangerous areas to spend time at. If you or someone you know has been injured by a co-worker incorrectly operating equipment or another reason, a case may be established against them.
- Burn Injuries – Burn injuries occur from product defects as well as other means. Reach out to a personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia, PA from Wieand Law Firm, LLC if you believe your burn was caused by a product defect or another negligent action.
- Birth Injuries – Birth injuries occur when hospital staff are improperly trained or make a severe mistake during the birth of a child. These injuries can cause severe long-term injuries in some cases.
- Nursing Home Abuse – Elderly residents at nursing homes are sometimes the subject of abuse. This could be from physical actions taking place against them at the home or staff who do not know how to properly aid and give care.
- And Others
A personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia, PA from Wieand Law Firm, LLC is standing by and ready to help out with your personal injury case. If you have suffered from any of the above injuries or believe that another injury you received may be eligible for a case, then reach out to us to learn more and to get your case started.
How to Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been injured and are considering litigation, there are several aspects you will want to take into consideration before hiring a personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia, PA, such as Wieand Law Firm.
The size of the law firm can make a difference in how your claim is handled. Smaller claims can get lost in the shuffle at big offices, and, while you might think that a large firm will intimidate the insurance company into giving you a better settlement, that usually is not the case. Additionally, larger firms are often accustomed to spending money more freely on expenses. Insurance companies also know that large offices are generally not able to put as much time into personal injury cases as smaller ones do, leading them to offer a lower settlement in the hopes that the attorney will be busy and encourage you to accept the offer.
Practicing law has become highly specialized over the years, so you will want to make sure the personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia, PA, that you choose is experienced in representing plaintiffs. Ask them how long they have been in practice for and how much of their workload has been personal injury cases. It will also be helpful if they have experience with the insurance company, or even the actual adjuster, in your claim.
Who Will Work on Your Case?
It is important to know who, exactly, will be working on your case. Routine tasks are often handed to the less experienced attorneys and paralegals. This can be a bonus in that the work may get done faster and at less expense, but make sure to find out who your primary attorney will be, and which duties will be handed to paralegals to complete.
Proper communication is key in any legal case. Take note of how well the attorney listens to you. Do you get the sense that they will keep you informed and will consider your input before making decisions in your case? They should also be able to clearly explain to you what is happening with your claim so that you can make proper choices as well.
After you have discussed the details of your case with Wieand Law Firm, a personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia, PA, they should be able to give you a clearer picture of what your claim is worth and whether they can take your case. They will then want to know:
- if you wish to pursue the largest settlement possible, no matter how long it takes;
- if you want to settle as soon as possible, accepting any offer that is more than what the insurance company has already offered you; or
- if you would like a settlement within a certain range with the least amount of fees and hassle possible.
Get Help From Your Personal Injury Lawyer in Philadelphia, PA now!
At Wieand Law Firm, LLC, we can listen to what you have to say and investigate the case in further detail. Rest assured, we have the necessary resources to call upon expert witnesses, medical professionals, and other important professionals who can defend your case. Our personal injury lawyers can maintain all, or most, of the communication between your insurance company or the defense; thereby relieving some of the burdens of the accident. It is our goal to recover maximum damages. To speak with our Philadelphia, PA personal injury lawyer, give our office a call!
Important Things to Know About Personal Injury Cases
If you recently suffered injuries because of someone else’s carelessness, here are a few important things you need to know before pursuing a personal injury lawsuit.
Immediate Medical Care Is Necessary
Whether you were in a car crash or slip and fall accident, it is crucial to get medical attention as soon as possible. This is true even if you don’t feel too badly hurt after your accident. As a personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia, PA can attest, some injuries, like whiplash, don’t always show symptoms right away. If you put off medical care, your injuries can get worse. Failing to see a doctor promptly can also jeopardize your personal injury case. The defendant’s insurance company could argue that you are not truly hurt if you didn’t get medical attention right away.
You Have a Limited Amount of Time to Pursue a Lawsuit
If you get hurt in an accident, understand that you don’t have all the time in the world to file a lawsuit. In the state of Pennsylvania, you have two years from the date of your injury to pursue a personal injury lawsuit. Once that deadline has passed, you will no longer be eligible for compensation. That is why you should discuss your case with a qualified lawyer as soon as possible.
Sufficient Evidence Is Necessary to Win Your Case
No matter what type of accident you were in, you must present the court with sufficient evidence to have a successful outcome. For example, if you were in a car accident, you should obtain a police report, witness contact information and photos of the accident scene. You should also write down everything you remember about the accident in a journal.
Hiring a Lawyer Won’t Cost You Anything
Personal injury cases are very complex, so it’s beneficial to work with an experienced lawyer. However, some people shy away from hiring a personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia, PA because they worry they can’t afford the costs. However, most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, meaning they take a percentage of your winnings. If you don’t win your case, you won’t owe your lawyer any money.
Most Personal Injury Cases Are Settled Out of Court
Most personal injury cases never make it to a courtroom. Your personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia, PA will work hard to negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company out of court. However, if the insurance company won’t come to a fair agreement, it may be in your interest to go to trial. That is why it is important to hire a lawyer who has experience going to trial.
If you are injured due to someone else negligent or reckless conduct, you should choose the personal injury law firm in Philadelphia to represent you. The attorney who represents you for your personal injury case will make a huge difference in the outcome. It is important to choose an attorney who is both knowledgeable in the field and who will aggressively pursue your case to a settlement or verdict. In addition, reputation in matters. Choosing the personal injury law firm in Philadelphia will help to increase the value of your case.
The Wieand Law Firm LLC represents people who suffered serious injuries and family members of those who were killed by someone else’s negligence. We strive to be the personal injury law firm in Philadelphia. To us, this means giving each client top notch representation and personalized attention. The Wieand Law Firm handles cases arising from car accidents, medical malpractice, defective property conditions and nursing home neglect and abuse. We are zealous advocates for our clients.
It is crucial to hire the personal injury law firm in Philadelphia to fight for you after an accident. When you retain the Wieand Law Firm, we handle the paper work, legal filings and negotiate with insurance companies so that you can focus on your health and recovery. We understand the stress and anguish our clients struggle with every day. Often, on top of physical pain and suffering, our clients incur lofty hospital bills and may not be able to return to work. They are stressed on how they will pay the bills and support their family. We know everything that is on the line after a serious accident. Thats why we fight so hard for you. Our law firm only represents Plaintiffs. Never big business or insurance companies.
The personal injury law firm in Philadelphia will fight for full and fair compensation. Unlike some Philadelphia law firms, the Wieand Law Firm is not a high volume factory. Instead, our attorneys take an active role and are personal involved with each case from the time we are hired. We believe that to get the results, your case should have an experienced personal injury lawyer involved in all steps of the claims and litigation process. From the beginning, our clients are provided with their attorneys personal cell phone number so you always can get in touch with your lawyer.
Don’t settle for anything less than the personal injury law firm in Philadelphia to represent you in your time of need. The to speak with a personal injury attorney at the Wieand Law Firm call us today at 215-666-7777 or send us a message through our contact form. We offer a free legal consultation and there is no obligation. Moreover, there is no fee unless we make a recovery for you through a verdict or settlement. Don’t wait to seek quality legal representation. Call the Wieand Law Firm today.
Disclaimer: This website is not legal advice. It is for information purposes only.