Philadelphia Defective Surgical Implant Lawyer
Surgery can be downright scary because of the inborn risks of a procedure. Suffering harm from a defective surgical implant shouldn’t be one of them. A defective medical device can have disastrous consequences to an unsuspecting patient. When a manufacturer designs and sells a defective medical device, it ends up injuring patients it was supposed to help.
Product Liability Lawyer for Defective Medical Implant
Philadelphia attorney, Brent Wieand, represents patients harmed by defective surgical implants and other medical devices. Some examples of allegedly defective products which are being investigated or have active litigation include:
- Alloderm Regenerative Tissue Matrix is prescribed for hernia repair and pelvic prolapse. The implant is alleged to have failed prematurely resulting in hernia recurrence due to the stretching or thinning out of the Alloderm causing unnecessary surgeries.
- Cardiac Pacemaker and Heart Defibrillators that fail to perform properly;
- Defective Breast Implants
- Metal-on-Metal Hip Implant Cups are used for total hip replacements and are alleged to have an early failure rate in which the device is loosening and causing metal poisoning requiring revision surgery.
- Mirena is an implant prescribed for birth control contraception and heavy menstrual bleeding. The product has been alleged to migrate after implementation causing perforation of the uterus where it was originally implanted.
- Orthopedic Implants such as hip, knee and shoulder replacements that are defective.
- Stryker Rejuvenate or ABG II Neck Stems, Accolade TMZF hip replacements which allegedly cause injury due to bone loss, corrosion, tissue damages, pain, swelling and need for revision surgery.
- Transvaginal Surgical Mesh which is prescribed for women with conditions such as Pelvic Organ Prolapse or Urinary Stress Incontinence is alleged to have failed prematurely causing the mesh to erode and/or shrink leading to infection, pain, and need for additional surgery;
- Zimmer NexGen Flex Knee Implant or MIS Tibial Tray total knee replacements are alleged to cause injury due to the femoral component or the tibial component loosening causing the need for revision surgery.
People commonly assumed that medical implants are rigorously tested and completely free of defects. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Manufacturers sometimes cut corners when testing a product or sell defective products which they know to be dangerous. A medical device can be defective in due to the manufacturing process, its design or marketing strategy.
For a free and friendly no obligation consultation, call Brent Wieand, a Philadelphia defective medical device lawyer that works on a contingency fee at (215) 666-7777.
Brent practices throughout all of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He is proud to serve Southeastern Pennsylvania including Berks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery counties, as well as the New Jersey areas of Pennsauken, Gloucester and Camden NJ.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“Brent is very conscientious and professional. I highly recommend him if you need an attorney. “