Philadelphia Uber Accident Lawyer
Residents in Philadelphia and throughout the Main Line have flocked to ride share programs, such as Uber, in prolific numbers. Uber is well-regarded as a convenient and easy to use application for its users to satisfy their transportation needs. But questions have been raised regarding the safety of ride share programs, including the screening of Uber drivers and the liability protections for riders or pedestrians that are injured during an Uber accident.
Brent Wieand from the Wieand Law Firm, LLC is widely regarded for his work as a Philadelphia Uber Accident Lawyer. Mr. Wieand notes that as Uber use has grown throughout the city, so have liability cases related to the ride share program. All Uber drivers in Philadelphia are required by regulation to carry ride share insurance through a Transportation Network Company (TCN). The regulation sets standards that Uber drivers must follow regarding the minimum amounts of insurance they can carry while working for a ride share program. Many Uber drivers choose to purchase insurance coverage through the ride share company itself, giving liability to the drive share program itself. It may not be immediately clear who holds responsibility for a ride share accident, so it’s prudent for individuals injured during a ride share accident to contact a Philadelphia Uber Accident Lawyer.
Steps to take if you have been injured in an Uber accident:
- Assess for injuries and obtain necessary medical treatment. Ensure that you keep good records regarding medical care obtained and any related costs.
- File a police report if there are any significant injuries or property damage. This police report will include a narrative statement from the officer regarding the probable cause of the accident.
- Take photographs of the collision site, weather conditions, involved vehicles, damaged personal property, and any visible injuries.
- Exchange vehicle and insurance information of involved parties. One easy way to do this is to take a picture of their license plate, vehicle make/model, and insurance cards with your cell phone.
- Contact a Philadelphia Uber Accident Lawyer for counsel to decide if you should pursue a claim.
Types of compensation
A Philadelphia Uber Accident Lawyer can help you to understand the legal remedies that you might be entitled to if you have been injured in an Uber Accident. Costs for medical expenses may include hospitalization, inpatient or outpatient rehabilitation, pharmaceuticals, and even chiropractor visits. Additionally, you may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering. Sometimes, individuals who are injured in Uber Accidents are unable to work, and a Philadelphia Uber Accident Lawyer can pursue compensation for lost compensation. In some severe scenarios, compensation for lost of future earnings or a wrongful death suit may be pursued.
Riders or pedestrians injured in an Uber accident warrant representation from a Philadelphia Uber Accident Lawyer who will aggressively pursue compensation for their injuries. The Wieand Law Firm, LLC will take the time to listen sympathetically and provide the expert counsel you need to act. To speak with Philadelphia Uber Accident Lawyer at the Wieand Law Firm, LLC call us today at 215-666-7777 to receive a free, no obligation consultation.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice.