Auto Accident Injury Lawyer in Philadelphia

The Wieand Law Firm is lead by Brent Wieand, an experienced car accident attorney in Philadelphia who has helped hundreds of clients recover compensation for injuries caused by negligent or drunk drivers. He has witnessed the debilitating injuries and mental distress that can result from a crash and understands the struggle accident victims face when trying to recover compensation for their losses.
In Pennsylvania, there are specific rules and regulations that can complicate insurance claims and the recovery of damages, such as pain and suffering, depending on your or a household relative’s insurance selection. To help ensure you receive full compensation for your losses, it is important to contact an Philadelphia car accident lawyer who is well-versed in Pennsylvania-specific laws regarding auto accident claims. Attorney Wieand has a history of success handling automobile accident cases throughout Pennsylvania — and can help ensure your rights are protected.  
If you were hurt in a car accident, motorcycle accident or truck accident, and are unsure of what to do next, please fill out a description of your claim in the online contact form of call Brent Wieand directly at 1 (215) 666-7777. Attorney Wieand will discuss your claim, at no cost to you, to determine if he may be able to help.

Who Pays for Medical Bills after an Auto Accident?

In Pennsylvania, all drivers are required to carry a minimum of $5,000 in Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance that will pay for medical bills resulting from a car accident, regardless of  who is at fault. Unfortunately, for many injured motorists or pedestrians, this coverage may not be enough to cover the total cost of their medical bills. In addition, it will not pay for property damage, pain and suffering, and other losses. If PIP does not pay for all your medical expenses you may be able to recover them through a liability claim or UM/UIM insurance.

Why Should I Hire an Attorney after a Car Wreck?

Auto insurance companies are notorious for taking advantage of injury victims who attempt to handle claims for themselves. Insurance adjusters will inevitably try to minimalize your pain and suffering and categorize your injury as temporary, rather than permanent. If you have suffered a serious injury, a experienced personal injury lawyer can usually help you collect more compensation than negotiating with an insurance company on your own. An experienced attorney will have knowledge of personal injury law, as well as comparable settlements and verdicts in your area, which he can use to rebut the insurer’s excuses for nonpayment.  If the insurer refuses to play fair, your attorney can file a lawsuit on your behalf and fight for your rights in court.
In addition to helping maximizing your settlement, your attorney can reduce the stress and burden of collecting, organizing and preserving evidence after a serious crash. Some actions your attorney may take to prepare claim include:

  • Negotiating with the insurance companies on your behalf
  • Requesting police reports
  • Questioning witnesses and gathering witness statements
  • Retaining expert witnesses, such as accident reconstructionists, to review evidence and testify at trial
  • Taking and preserving photographs of the accident scene, damage, and injuries
  • Analyzing medical records, imaging studies and reports

Do you Handle SEPTA Bus Accident Claims?

Yes. Attorney, Brent Wieand, is proud to represent both passengers and pedestrians who were injured by SEPTA mass transit vehicles, including SEPTA bus accidents, trolley accidents and train accidents. There are special regulations and notice requirements that must be met to bring an injury claim against SEPTA. Brent is very knowledgeable of these requirements and can help protect your legal rights following a SEPTA collision.

Underinsured and Uninsured Motorist (UM/UIM) Coverage in PA

If the at fault driver has no insurance or insufficient insurance to cover your damages arising from the collision, you may be able to recover compensation through UM/UIM motorist coverage.  If you were hurt by an uninsured driver, UM coverage will pay for damages such as medical bills, pain and suffering or lost wages up to the amount of policy limits (depending on the value of your claim). If the at fault party was underinsured, UIM insurance will cover the difference between your losses and the amount you received from the other party’s insurance company.
In addition, in the case that there is no coverage to cover damages arising from a vehicle accident, you may be able to make a claim through the Pennsylvania Assigned Claims Plan. To learn more about this claims process contact the Wieand Law Firm.
Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes and should not be used as legal advice. The Wieand Law Firm is dedicated to representing clients who were injured or lost a loved one as a result of vehicle accidents in PA and NJ. If you have a question about an injury claim, or would like a free legal consultation, call attorney us at 1 (215) 666-7777.

Schedule free consultation
Get Started Today!