Dauphin County Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
Nursing homes and elder care facilities promise to provide elderly residents the best quality care. Unfortunately, these facilities frequently fail to deliver on this promise. Studies show that nursing home negligence and outright abuse is on the rise. It occurs more frequently than people may realize. Even though state and federal laws have been created to protect seniors in care facilities, hazardous safety violations still occur every single day.
If you suspect that a relative is suffering due to nursing home abuse in Dauphin County, you should consult with an experienced attorney who can help advocate for their rights. To arrange for a completely free and confidential legal consultation with nursing home abuse lawyer Brent Wieand, call (800) 481-5206 today.
Why Choose The Nursing Home Injury Help Center?
Brent Wieand has dedicated his legal career to advocating for the seriously injured. In 2014, he was admitted to Super Lawyers “Rising Stars,” an honor bestowed on fewer than 3% of all Pennsylvania attorneys. Brent approaches all legal matters strategically, and seeks just compensation for the circumstances and needs of his clients whether it be through a settlement or jury award. He will take your concerns seriously and provide skillful guidance regarding your family’s legal rights. When you work with Brent, you can feel confident your case will be handled with care, and that your family will always be treated with dignity, professionalism, and respect.
Types of Elder Abuse and Neglect Claims We Handle
Elder abuse and nursing home neglect come in many different forms. As creator of The Nursing Home Injury Help Center website, Brent Wieand represents seriously injured nursing home residents and their loved ones in cases including but not limited to:
- Falls resulting in severe injuries such as hip fractures, concussions, and broken wrists.
- Pressure ulcers and bed sores, which can result in infection and even lead to amputation.
- Wandering and elopement, which occur when residents are not properly supervised.
- Dehydration and malnutrition, whether caused by negligence or intentional deprivation.
- Wrongful death arising from an injury, illness, or poor supervision.
- Medication and dosage errors, such as writing the wrong prescription or giving too large a dose.
- Physical, sexual and mental abuse, including deliberate financial exploitation of residents.
- Whistleblower lawsuits against facilities that commit safety or health violations.
Is Your Assisted Living Facility Giving Quality Care?
The federal government’s Medicare Nursing Home Compare tool allows consumers to compare nursing homes facilities based on an easy-to-use quality rating system. Nursing Home Compare tracks information on over 15,000 facilities throughout the United States, including:
- Overall quality of care provided, such as the percent of residents with pressure ulcers or bed sores.
- Frequency of health inspections.
- Average hours of nursing care provided to each resident.
- Health and fire safety inspections.
- The number of nurses and medical staff per facility.
- Penalties assessed against a nursing home in prior years.
If your relative resides in one of the below listed nursing homes, we suggest you take a few moments to see how your loved one’s facility rates compared with other homes in the area.
Colonial Park Care Center
800 King Russ Rd.
Harrisburg, PA 17109
Courtyard Gardens Nursing and Rehab Center
999 W. Harrisburg Pike
Middletown, PA 17057
1020 N. Union St.
Middletown, PA 17057
Golden Living Center – Blue Ridge Mountain
3625 N. Progress Ave.
Harrisburg, PA 17110-9690
1901 N. Fifth St.
Harrisburg, PA 17102
Jewish Home of Greater Harrisburg
4000 Linglestown Rd.
Harrisburg, PA 17112
Kepler Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation
44 S. Market St.
Elizabethville, PA 17023
Penn State Hershey Transitional Care
1135 W. Chocolate Ave.
Hummelstown, PA 17036
Spring Creek Rehabilitation and Health Care Center
1205 S. 28th St.
Harrisburg, PA 17111-1095
If you believe that a loved one is suffering or was wrongfully killed at Dauphin County facility, call nursing home abuse attorney Brent Wieand at (800) 481-5206. You can also contact Brent online using the submission form in the upper right corner of the page. Your initial consultation is completely free of charge, and you will never pay attorney’s fees unless we win compensation for you, so contact our team today to begin confidentially discussing your family’s situation.
Disclosure: Attorney Brent Wieand’s office is located in Philadelphia, PA. We happily serve clients throughout all of Pennsylvania and New Jersey.