Truck Accident Lawyer Montgomery County PA

Commercial Trucking Accident Attorney Brent Wieand

truck accidentsHiring an experienced truck accident lawyer can make a huge difference in your catastrophic injury or wrongful death case. It takes a combination of know how and commitment to fight large corporations and their insurance companies. Attorney Wieand is dedicated to helping you recover maximum compensation for your serious personal injuries or for the wrongful death of a loved one.
Trucking accident victims should be aware that trucking companies and insurance companies will try to settle your claim fast in order to pay you, the victim, as little as possible. Don’t sign anything or accept any offer before consulting with an experienced attorney.
Attorney Brent Wieand offers a free legal consultation and can help you determine your legal rights after a truck accident.  Call 1(800)481-5026 to discuss your claim today.

What Should You Do After a Truck Accident?

Following a collision, do not speak with anyone at the scene of the accident other than emergency response personnel. If possible, call attorney Wieand immediately! Do not agree to a settlement before consulting with him. Anything you say to investigators or insurance companies at the scene of the accident or over the telephone may be documented and then used against you on a later date.
Attorney Wieand provides a free legal consultation which can protect you from insurance company investigators who are trained to find information to use against you in court.

What Types of Cases do You Handle?

Brent WieandBrent represents seriously injured victims of truck accidents throughout Montgomery County, PA. He is proud to represent residents of Lower Merion, Abington, Cheltenham, Norristown, Upper Merion, Horsham, Upper Dublin and Lower Providence, PA. He handles all types of commercial vehicle accidents including:

  • Commercial trucking accidents involving Mac trucks, 18 wheelers, and construction vehicles
  • Tanker truck accidents
  • Explosions and chemical spills
  • Semi truck accidents
  • School bus, SEPTA bus and commercial bus accidents
  • Truck collisions with bikers and pedestrians

Naturally, you will only recover compensation for your losses if someone else was at fault (or shared fault for the accident). It is your lawyer’s job to prove that another driver or party was liable for the accident.  Some common reasons truck accidents occur include:

  • Truck driver fatigue resulting from illegal work schedules
  • Overloaded trucks or improperly loaded trucks
  • Defective trucks and defective truck equipment
  • Poor truck maintenance
  • Operator error
  • Inexperienced truck drivers
  • Drunk driving or intoxicated driving
  • Driving too fast for road or weather conditions

The injured victim has the burden of proven his/her case. This means that you must present credible evidence to prove the truck driver was at fault for the accident, and that you suffered injuries as a result of the collision. For this reason, you should consult with a Montgomery county truck accident lawyer who can start preserving evidence in support of your claim as soon as possible.

Who is Responsible for Payment of Medical Bills after an Accident?

All Pennsylvania drivers are required to carry a certain minimum amount of insurance under the law. This includes Personal Injury Protection or “PIP” benefits which will pay medical bills related to a car accident. 75 Pa.C.S.A. § 1713(a) sets forth the order in which PIP benefits will be paid to eligible claimants which is as follows:

  1. For a named insured, the policy on which he is the named insured.
  2. For an insured, the policy covering the insured.
    • This is a person who is not the named insured but still qualifies under the policy, such as a spouse, relative or minor in the custody of the named insured or a relative of the named insured who resides in the same household as the named insured.
    • This may be defined more broadly in the policy than it is under the MVFRL
  3. For the occupants of an insured motor vehicle, the policy on that motor vehicle.
    • “Occupant” may be defined more broadly under the policy than in the MVFRL 
  4. For a person who is not the occupant of a motor vehicle, the policy on any motor vehicle involved in the accident. A parked and unoccupied motor vehicle is not a motor vehicle involved in an accident unless it was parked so as to cause unreasonable risk of injury.

In the event you are working when the accident occurs, your medical bills may be paid through workers compensation.
To speak with truck accident attorney, Brent Wieand, about who should pay your medical bills following your Montgomery County accident, call 1(800) 481-5026.
*Disclaimer: Attorney Brent Wieand’s law office is located in Philadelphia, PA.  He is licensed to practice and handles personal injury cases throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. This website is for informational purposes and does not constitute legal advice.

Schedule free consultation
Get Started Today!