When you have been on someone else’s property and have become injured, you may be looking for a premises liability lawyer Philadelphia, PA residents can rely on from a trusted attorney, like the attorneys at Wieand Law Firm, LLC. Like other personal injury cases, it is up to your attorney to show that this personal injury occurred because the person who owned the property was negligent in some way. It is possible that you also became injured because someone else on the property caused you to become injured and it did not have anything to do with the poorly maintained property. In this case, you would want to direct your personal injury claim against the third party, not the property owner. If you were recently injured on someone else’s property and believe it is because it was not well-maintained, please contact our office now.
What kinds of accidents can happen on someone else’s property?
There is no one specific accident that can happen when you are on someone else’s premises. Our Philadelphia slip and fall lawyer has worked with many clients who have suffered from injuries due to a range of accidents.
- The property owner may not be maintaining their property well and it may be too dangerous for others to be on.
- You may have been assaulted by someone because the property owner did not have the right kind of security or because they did not have safety features installed on their property.
- There may have been leaks or flooding.
- There may have been loose wires or other objects that should have been more secure that started a fire.
- The property may not have been taken care of when it rained or snowed and you may have slipped and fallen.
How is it the property owner’s fault?
When someone owns property that other people are allowed to visit, it is their responsibility to make the property safe to visitors. This means that when the manager or property owner is notified that there is a leak or that a staircase is broken, they must place warning signs so that visitors can remain safe and fix the problems in a reasonable amount of time.
When you have been injured because you were in an accident on someone else’s property, it is important that you get the legal representation you need. For more information, please contact the trusted Philadelphia, Pennsylvania premises liability lawyer from Wieand Law Firm, LLC.