Nursing Home Malnutrition Lawyer Philadelphia
Our nursing home malnutrition lawyer Philadelphia residents turn to for help knows that the thought of someone not receiving the proper nutrients, resulting in malnutrition, can be challenging to grasp. What you should know is that malnutrition is a form of neglect that frequently occurs in nursing homes that do not provide patients with the care they deserve. As a family member of your aging loved one, having the ability to recognize the signs of malnutrition will be critical to protecting them from further harm. There are several reasons malnutrition might occur in a nursing home, and Wieand Law Firm, LLC, offers the experience needed to take legal action for your aging loved one.
Malnutrition in Nursing Homes
Malnutrition is when someone does not receive the appropriate nutrients that make up a healthy diet. A poor diet can cause chronic illness and infection. Symptoms could cause a person to feel unwell or dizzy and even result in weight loss. For an older adult who is particularly fragile, the impact of malnutrition can be particularly significant. Malnutrition is a form of nursing home neglect and, unfortunately, is prevalent in nursing homes because:
- Caregivers do not offer nutritious meals
- Patients are not monitored to ensure proper consumption of nutrients
- Often nursing home staff are responsible for oversight of far more residents than they should. As a result, understaffing and inexperience may result in malnutrition in residents
As a family member of an aging loved one, the nursing home abuse attorney in Philadelphia shares that having the ability to recognize the signs of malnutrition can ensure that your loved one is protected from further harm. Signs of malnutrition in the elderly include:
- Confusion or disorientation
- Dull, yellowish skin tone
- Swollen, glassy eyes
- Flaccid muscles
- Thrush or white patches in the mouth
Placing your loved one in a nursing home was not an easy decision to make. When the decision to obtain nursing home care was reached, you expected that you would receive the care possible. When this is not the case, and the standard of care was not upheld, it may be appropriate to pursue legal action as soon as possible.
We Offer Experience
As a skilled law firm, our sole purpose is to assist our clients in achieving the results possible. We will work tirelessly to protect your loved one’s rights and put all of our efforts towards helping you and your family hold the responsible party accountable for their actions. From our team you can expect:
- A meticulous review your case
- Value the damages you have experienced to ensure that you get the compensation you are entitled to
- Our lawyer to pull in our vast resources to consult with us and help strengthen your case
- Manage negotiations with the opposing counsel
- To not settle your case for less than you deserve
- Our lawyers to always be planning, meaning, we will be prepared if it’s in your interest to bring your case to trial
If you are considering our services, it’s to start by taking advantage of the complimentary consultation offered by our practice. We want to ensure that retaining our services is the fit for you and your family and scheduling a consultation with a member of our team; you can truly get an idea for our style and the services we provide. Additionally, we will also take the time to review your case, answer questions, and determine the most appropriate way to move forward.
To learn more about Wieand Law Firm, LLC, and the services provided by our nursing home malnutrition lawyer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, schedule a consultation with our team today!