The risk of being injured in an automobile accident is high when two cars of similar size collide. However, this risk dramatically increases when a large commercial truck crashes into a smaller vehicle. Due to their larger size, commercial trucks are involved in disproportionately more accidents than passenger cars and a larger percent of trucking accidents result in fatalities.
Truck accidents are often a devastating, life altering experience for victims and their families. The catastrophic injuries incurred by truck accident victims can be permanent or fatal. In addition, a serious trucking accident can result in huge medical bills, lost wages and even a permanent loss of earnings capacity. If you were seriously hurt in a truck accident, or lost a family member, you have a tough journey ahead of you to heal. You don’t have to suffer alone.
An experienced New Jersey truck accident lawyer can help get your life back on track and handle all aspects of your claim so that you don’t have a stressful trial experience, too. Commercial truck insurance companies often hire special investigators and high powered defense lawyers to protect their financial interest. You will need an attorney on your side that fights equally as hard.
Personal Injury Attorney Brent Wieand Can Help
Brent Wieand is a New Jersey trial lawyer at the Wieand Law Firm who provides aggressive personal injury and wrongful death legal representation for victims after a commercial truck wrecks. His track record for standing up to insurance companies and getting favorable awards and settlements has earned him the respect of his clients and peers alike. In recognition of his advocacy, attorney Wieand has been selected as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for four consecutive years, from 2013 – 2016. This prestigious award is given to only a very limited number of attorneys.
To the Wieand Law Firm you are not just an another accident claim. We know trucking accidents are an awful experience and the physical and emotional toll can be overwhelming. That’s why we fight so hard for you. We handle only a small case load so he can provide personalized representation to each client, and maximize the value of any injury settlement or award.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a crash with a tractor trailer, semi truck, 18-wheeler, or other commercial vehicle don’t wait to talk to us for a free case consultation. Call 1 (215) 666-7777 or fill out a description of your claim online.
What To Do if You’re Injured in a Truck Accident
If you are involved in a truck wreck in New Jersey there are certain steps that you should take no matter how serious the collision.
- First, seek necessary emergency medical treatment. Your health is always the most important concern following a collision.
- DO NOT ADMIT FAULT at the scene of an accident!
- If you do not need emergency treatment, stay on the scene and document everything you can.
- Get the contact information of ALL other drivers involved, their insurance information, drivers license number, license plate number, as well as the name, badge number and police report number from responding police. If police do not respond because it is a minor accident, you can go to the police station to give a report.
- Take photographs and video of the accident scene, including the vehicles, accident scene, defective road conditions or traffic signs, and your injuries.
- Do not speak with or give a recorded statement to truck accident investigators, attorneys or insurance companies before consulting with legal counsel.
- Do not sign anything before speaking with counsel! Insurance companies may offer a quick settlement to release them from liability and settle your claim for significantly less than what its worth. If an insurance company contacts you with a settlement offer, you should always consult with an experienced injury lawyer who is familiar with the value of similar claims in your area.
New Jersey Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Cases
All states cap the time that you have to bring a lawsuit after you are injured in an auto accident. In New Jersey, with limited exceptions, you have two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit for personal injuries. If you don’t file a lawsuit within this timeframe you will be barred from doing so at a later time.
If you were hurt in a commercial trucking accident in New Jersey, don’t wait to contact an experienced injury attorney. Even though you have two years to file a claim, the sooner you retain an attorney can begin an investigation, the better. Truck accidents are often more complex than other vehicle accidents. The less time that elapses between the accident and retaining counsel, the more likely your attorney can preserve crucial evidence to prove your claim.
For a free legal consultation regarding your truck accident injury claim call the Wieand Law Firm at 1 (215) 666-7777.
*Disclaimer: The Wieand Law Firm is based in Philadelphia. We are proud to serve clients who were injured in truck accidents in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. This article is for information purposes only, it is not legal advice and should not be relied on as such.