Airbag Accident Lawyer Philadelphia, PA
If you were injured by an airbag, you should speak to an airbag accident lawyer Philadelphia, PA residents trust. While airbags are designed to save lives, they can sometimes injure you in the process. A lawyer can help you seek compensation for your injuries.
Common Myths About Airbags
Although airbags in vehicles have been around for quite a while, some still question their effectiveness. Here are some common myths you should know about airbags:
- Airbags Can Suffocate You: Fortunately enough, airbags don’t cause suffocation. While they might feel like they are suffocating you initially, airbags will not restrict your oxygen or trap you. They’re also constructed from porous materials, which makes suffocation impossible.
- Airbags Don’t Hurt: Airbags appear soft, they don’t feel that way when they deflate. If an airbag deflates when you are in a vehicle, you will definitely feel heavy pressure. While it feels uncomfortable, it’s much less painful than being thrown out of a vehicle.
- If You Have an Airbag, You Don’t Need a Seat Bet: Both airbags and seat belts are necessary to have in the event of an accident. They both work together to keep you safe from serious injuries during a collision.
Common Airbag Injuries
Unfortunately, airbags can sometimes injure drivers and passengers. Here are some of the most common injuries an airbag accident lawyer in Philadelphia, PA sees:
- Cuts and bruises
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Eye injuries
- Chest injuries
If you sustained injuries from an airbag, you should seek prompt medical care.
How to Stay Safe With Airbags
Airbags are necessary for protection during accidents, so everyone must learn to live with them. Here are a few way to stay safe:
- Wear your seat belt, as it can lessen the impact of an airbag when it inflates.
- Keep all children under the age of 13 in the backseat.
- Remain a foot away from the vehicle’s steering wheel at all times when driving. If you can’t do that, lower the steering column.
Consulting a Lawyer
If you were injured by a defective airbag, you should discuss the matter with a car accident lawyer in Philadelphia, PA. You may be entitled to compensation. That compensation may be used to cover your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
Your lawyer can help you file a claim against the airbag manufacturer and protect your legal rights. He or she will communicate with the insurance company on your behalf and won’t let them take advantage of you.
Schedule a consultation with an airbag accident lawyer in Philadelphia, PA today to talk about the details of your case. Call Wieand Law Firm today.