Personal Injury Attorney Philadelphia PA
Finding the right Philadelphia, PA personal injury lawyer you can trust is imperative for your personal injury claim. When many people hear the phrase “personal injury attorney,” they often think of a lawyer who handles car accident claims. While this is true, there is also a myriad of injury cases that a personal injury attorney can help victims with.
If you have been injured in an accident caused by another party, contact a personal injury lawyer Philadelphia, PA residents trust from Wieand Law Firm, LLC to find out how we can help you get the financial compensation you deserve. The following is an overview of the different types of situations our legal team can help you with. The Wieand Law Firm, LLC specializes in personal injury cases. Our seasoned attorneys have experience in many aspects of personal injury law and are renowned for our tenacity and focus on achieving compensation for our clients. Time is of the essence so it’s important that you act fast while ensuring your rights and options are duly protected. Contacting a Philadelphia, PA personal injury lawyer may be in your interest. To schedule an immediate consultation with an honest personal injury lawyer, call Brent Wieand from Wieand Law Firm, LLC.
MEET WIEAND LAW FIRM, LLC
There are good lawyers and then there are great lawyers, and our team of personal injury lawyers has a reputation in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for being great at what we do. Having years of experience backed by a strong record of success, our personal injury lawyers serving Philadelphia, PA have recovered millions in damages for clients who were in pain, had compiling medical bills, and needed help. By choosing our firm to represent you, you can know that we:
- Are passionate about what we do
- Do not get intimidated by insurance companies or other firms
- Are resilient, steadfast, and aggressive
- Have won a broad range of personal injury cases
- Have represented adults, elderly, and children
- Won’t settle for less than what you need and deserve
If you have questions or concerns about a personal injury case in Philadelphia, PA, or are unsure if you are eligible for compensation, contact us today.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INJURY LAW
Our team of Philadelphia, PA personal injury lawyers handle very complex cases encompassing many types of injuries, illnesses, or deaths. In general any of the aforementioned that were caused, or partly caused, by negligence, wrongdoing, recklessness, or maliciousness is considered to be eligible for monetary compensation under personal injury laws. Brent Wieand, Esq. is a Philadelphia, PA personal injury Attorney who has years of experience in personal injury law, such as:
- Impaired Driver Accidents – Impaired driving, whether the driver is under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, or other illegal substance, is responsible for over 25% of traffic fatalities in Pennsylvania in 2016. Individuals who survive impaired driver accidents often face significant hospitalizations and physical rehabilitation, resulting in overwhelming medical expenses. Philadelphia, PA personal lawyer Brent Wieand, Esq. provides robust representation for victims of impaired driver accidents.
- Dog Bite Injury – If you have been injured by someone else’s dog, it is likely that they are responsible for your medical expenses related to the bite, whether or not they believed the dog was dangerous. Unfortunately, some dog bite injuries occur by dogs that have a history of aggressive attacks. Injuries caused by known dangerous dogs can be quite severe. The negligence of an owner to properly contain and control a dangerous dog is cause for representation by a Philadelphia, PA personal injury lawyer.
- Car Accidents – Car accidents are the most common causes of accident injury. In fact, the federal government data shows there are about seven million car accidents every year. Injured victims are entitled to financial compensation from the person who caused the crash.
- Motorcycle Accidents – These types of accidents often result in severe injury for victims because of the lack of protection when riding a motorcycle. Victims are often thrown from the motorcycle from the impact of being hit, and often suffer head injuries, fractured bones, and serious lacerations. This may result in the need for help from a personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia, PA.
- Truck Accidents – Commercial truck accident claims can be complex because there is often more than one party who may be liable for the damages the victim is entitled to. Those liable can include the truck driver, the trucking company, the freight company, or truck part manufacturer.
- Medical Malpractice – These are often the most complicated types of personal injury cases and require expertise and experience of a skilled Philadelphia, PA personal injury lawyer. There is often extensive medical evidence involved, including statements from other medical experts about what the at-fault medical personnel did wrong or failed to act upon. These cases can involve individual physicians, medical staff, and the medical facility where the victim was treated at.
- Defective Products – When a company makes a product that causes injuries to consumers – whether by defective design, production, or other reason – the victim can sue the manufacturer for damages for the injuries the product caused. The burden of proof for defective product cases can be difficult. This is why victims should consult with a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania personal injury lawyer and not try to pursue a claim on their own.
- Wrongful Death – Tragically, there are many accident victims who do not survive the injuries they sustain. Although a Philadelphia personal injury attorney understands that no amount of money will ever make up for the loss of a loved one, he or she also understands that the untimely death of that loved one can leave a family in financial difficulties. Under the laws of the state, the party or parties responsible for the accident that caused the victim’s death is also responsible for the losses the victim’s death has caused the family. These losses can include funeral and burial expenses, loss of future income and benefits, loss of companionship, and more. A wrongful death case is also sometimes the only way the family receives any kind of justice for their loved one’s death.
- Premises Liability – If you were injured because another individual or corporation failed to create a safe, hazard–free condition, you should contact a Philadelphia, PA personal injury lawyer to determine if you have a suit under premises liability. A common premises liability situation is a fall related to a spill or hazard on the property. Examples of this would be a fast-food restaurant that neglects to clean up a soft drink spill, or a homeowner who fails to remove snow from the public sidewalk. Other types of premises liability situations are injuries caused by improperly functioning elevators, defective stairs, swimming pool accidents, or porch collapse.
As a trusted Philadelphia, Pennsylvania personal injury lawyer, we understand that in additional to physical pain you may be worried about your medical bills and day-to-day expenses that you cannot cover because you are unable to work. Rest assured, we will carefully consider all of your losses and prospective financial losses to ensure you get enough money. This is something that insurance companies tend to underestimate. The last thing you want to happen is receive an amount that will not cover all of your losses. For this reason hiring a personal injury lawyer Philadelphia residents trust may be a very wise decision.
How soon after an accident should you see a doctor?
When you’re in a car accident, you may not feel any pain right after the accident. That’s because adrenaline is surging through your body and masking any issues. You may be in shock and not feel much pain. It can be tempting to ignore any problems after an accident because you’re already inconvenienced and behind your schedule.
How long do you have to see a doctor?
Generally speaking, our Philadelphia, PA personal injury lawyer suggest that you see a doctor within 72 hours of the incident if you have been injured. The longer you wait after the accident, the more challenging your case may be to prove. Additionally, you may do even more damage to your body if you don’t seek treatment immediately.
What if you don’t feel injured?
You may need to use your judgment for determining whether you should see a doctor right away or not. Simple fender benders that didn’t jolt you too much may not be as serious as a major impact that deploys your airbags and jams you against the seat of your car. For more severe accidents, Philadelphia, PA personal injury lawyers stress the importance of taking the time out of your schedule to see your doctor to be evaluated for injuries.
If You Have Special Medical Conditions
If you are pregnant or have chronic medical conditions, you should make a point to get medically treated as soon as possible. If you have serious injuries from the accident, you want them to be accounted to accident rather than just as part of your everyday condition. Accidents can cause serious complications for pregnancies. If the baby is injured in utero, it’s important that it be documented to protect the rights of the child. For more information, contact a Philadelphia, PA personal injury lawyer for guidance.
Keep all receipts and documents from medical visits, including emergency room treatment, pharmacies and physical therapies. If you are required to purchase any medical devices, neck braces or crutches, for example, save the receipts. It can help to keep a journal with the names and addresses of all the medical practitioners that you see. Include details about different tests and procedures you have done. List your pain level, the amount of sleep you’re giving and any emotional issues that you’re dealing with. Track your travel time, too, and the amount of mileage you have. If you do get a chance to receive reimbursement, you need to show your expenses.
Contact a Philadelphia, PA personal injury lawyer to help you present your case and protect your rights.
WHAT KINDS OF COMPENSATION MAY I BE ELIGIBLE FOR?
The law protects individuals who have suffered personal injury due to someone else’s actions or negligence. It’s important to consult a Philadelphia, PA personal injury lawyer to determine what financial remedies may be available to you. The Wieand Law Firm, LLC will review your case to determine what type of compensation you deserve. Frequently, the Wieand Law Firm, LLC, personal injury lawyers serving Philadelphia, PA can achieve compensation for their clients for:
- Medical Expenses – This can include compensation for medical care already received, as well as payment for estimated future care needs.
- Lost Income – Lost income includes time that you missed work while you were injured as well as future lost income.
- Pain and Suffering – This includes physical pain and suffering, as well as emotional distress caused by the accident and injury.
- Property Loss – Items such as automobiles or personal items that were damaged.
The Wieand Law Firm, LLC will provide professional and empathetic consultation and expert advice regarding your specific situation. There are statute of limitations for all personal injury cases, and time is needed to investigate your case. For a strong defense and maximum compensation, you should consult a personal injury lawyer from Wieand Law Firm, LLC, who is trusted in Philadelphia, PA. To speak with a Philadelphia personal injury lawyer at the Wieand Law Firm, LLC for a free, no-obligation consultation, call us today at 215-666-7777.
Things You Should Know Before Filing a Personal Injury Claim
Our personal injury lawyers serving Philadelphia, PA know that an injury can do more than inconvenience you. It may end up costing you money, time and even result in a change to your lifestyle. When an injury is severe, you may find yourself unable to partake in the activities once could. Is it possible to recover compensation from the person who may have caused your injury? Whether you were involved in a car accident, a dog bite, or some other incident, there are some instances where you can file a personal injury lawsuit with the help of Wieand Law Firm, LLC against the parties responsible. The following, are some of the basics regarding personal injuries from our Philadelphia, PA personal injury lawyers:
You Need To Prove Negligence
The first and perhaps the highest hurdle to clear is negligence. Negligence is the result of the liabible party acting with a complete disregard for the safety of others. Negligence is the first element required in a personal injury lawsuit. The person must have acted contrary to the way a reasonable person would have acted in the same situation. For example, a person who drinks and then drives may cause an accident. If they do, then one prong of the negligence test will have been met.
You Have Limited Time To File
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania personal injury lawyers share that time frames to take action are stringent, meaning, it’s important that you not delay. State laws dictate the time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. This is only fair considering the alternative is someone may find themselves on the hook for a mistake they made decades ago. Many states also have a condition on this timeline. The clock starts when the injury was either discovered by the victim or occurred. Following the discovery of an injury, it’s not only important to seek medical care, but also that of a personal injury lawyer serving Philadelphia, PA.
The Case May Drag
Personal injury lawsuits are some of the toughest to prove, especially when it is one person’s word against the other. That’s why it’s a good idea to make sure you have enough evidence to support your claim that the defendant was responsible for the incident. A personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia, PA shares that the stronger your evidence, the better your chance at obtaining the settlement you deserve. Sometimes, the case may take some time to resolve, when it does, you may find yourself settling for far less than you deserve. Your personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia, PA is a strong ally and can help prepare you for the process and possible outcomes.
Damages May Exceed What You Asked
If you go to trial, there may be some facts about your case that may be essential to obtaining the compensation you are entitled to. You may have suffered countless roadblocks and painful medical procedures to recover only a part of what you lost. In cases of extreme loss, the court may give you an award above what you asked. Punitive damages are not handed out in every state, and certainly not in every case. However, when they are, they are typically substantial and meant to punish the defendant.
For the help you deserve, contact Wieand Law Firm, LLC for a Philadelphia, PA personal injury attorney who can help you.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“I highly recommend the Wieand Law Firm. Brent’s team of professionals are diligent, responsive, and always had my interests at heart.”