A car accident can be a very stressful and traumatic experience. In addition to painful injuries and emotional distress, car accident victims often incur expensive medical bills, may be unable to work and incur other related expenses. To recover compensation for your losses, you will need to go through a complicated insurance claims process and may need to file a lawsuit. Fortunately, if you were hurt in a car accident you don’t need to deal with these problems alone.
Call the Wieand Law Firm to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer who is dedicated to helping clients hurt in auto accidents. We understand the serious problems you will face after a collision. That’s why we fight so hard for you. For a free consultation as to your rights after a car accident, call the Wieand Law Firm at 1(800) 481-5206. We are proud to serve clients through Burlington County including the areas of:
- Bass River Township
- Delran Township
- Evesham Township
- Mt. Laurael
- Medford Township and Medford Lakes
- Mt. Holly Township
- Pemberton Township
- Southampton Township
- Springfield Township
- Willingboro and
- Woodland Township.
Why Choose our Personal Injury Law Firm?
The personal injury lawyer who represents you after an accident may make a big difference in the outcome of your case. We only represents plaintiffs and have dedicated our practice to injury law. Wieand Law Firm founding attorney, Brent Wieand, has a track record of getting fair compensation for clients injured in auto accidents. In recognition of his efforts, Attorney Wieand was selected as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for the years 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
The Wieand Law Firm regularly handles car accident injury cases throughout New Jersey and has tremendous experience litigating claims. We give each the client personalized attention they deserve. Our firm is not a “law factory.” You are not just another case. To us, its personal.
Whether you were catastrophically injured, or simply want to know your legal rights after a car accident, call the Wieand Law Firm for a free consultation at 1(800) 481-5206.
What are the Elements of a Personal Injury Lawsuit
In order win a lawsuit for personal injuries, you will need to prove that you were injured due to the negligence or recklessness of another party. In a civil action, the plaintiff has the burden of proving his claim by a preponderance of this evidence. This is a lower standard of proof than in a criminal case and is often represented by the legal scale. A personal injury claim, also known as a negligence claim, has four elements:
- Duty – When a driver gets behind the wheel of a car, he/she has a duty to follow the laws and driver in a reasonable manner.
- Breach of Duty – A driver may breach his duty by driving carelessly or recklessly. An example of a breach of duty would be running a red light.
- Causation – To succeed in a claim for personal injury, you will need to prove that the car accident was the cause of your injuries. A typical defense to personal injury claim is that the accident was not the cause of the injury. For example if you has a bad back before an accident, you cannot recover for that pain. However, if your injury was aggravated by the accident, you can recover for the new or increased symptoms caused by the accident.
- Damages – You must have suffered damages to file a negligence lawsuit. If you were hit by a car but suffered no physical, mental or economic damages, you cannot be awarded compensation simply because the accident occurred.
Two Year Statute of Limitations
All states limit the time you have to file a claim for injuries after an accident occurs. In New Jersey, the statute of limitations on negligence and wrongful death actions is two years. If you do not file a lawsuit within the statute of limitations you will lose your right to file a lawsuit. Even though two years may seem like a long time, you should not wait to consult with a lawyer if you are injured in a car accident. It takes time to investigate an accident and file a claim. Call an experienced Burlington County injury lawyer as soon as possible after an accident lawyer so he/she can investigate your claim and begin preserving evidence for litigation.
To discuss your vehicle accident claim call the Wieand Law Firm today at 1(800) 481-5206 or fill out a description of your claim in the online contact form.
*Disclaimer: This website is for information purposes only and is not legal advice. The Wieand Law Firm is based in Philadelphia and practices law throughout all of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. We are proud to serve all of Burlington County, New Jersey.