The Wieand Law Firm is now offering students the Wieand Legal Scholarship for Fall 2016. This $1,000 scholarship is open to undergraduate students and current law school students who want to pursue a Juris Doctorate degree.
All applicants must be:
- Pursuing a Juris Doctorate degree at an ABA approved law school for the 2016 Fall Semester.
All applicants for the Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- You must currently be enrolled at a college, university, or law school
- You must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA at the time of application. The recipient must provide the following documents in order to be considered eligible:
- A transcript reflecting the student’s current academic standing, including a minimum GPA of at least 3.0.
- Proof of admission or enrollment to an ABA approved law school for Fall 2016. Upon admission to an ABA approved law school for Fall 2016 you are eligible to apply; however, funds will not be disbursed until proof of enrollment is received.
All applicants need to submit the following application materials by July 1, 2016:
- A completed Legal Scholarship Application (link to application.)
- A 700 word essay on your legal goals or inspiration for pursuing a legal career.
- A valid transcript from college, university or law school reflecting current academic standing, including at least a 3.0 GPA, and proof of acceptance or enrollment for Fall 2016.
*Failure to include all required application materials will result in a rejection of the application.
The student who is selected will be notified of their selection for the $1,000 award in August, 2016, and funds will be disbursed before August 15, 2016, or upon proof of enrollment for Fall 2016.
Applications must be received no later than July 1‚ 2016. Applicants may submit their materials electronically or via United States Postal Service. Applications submitted by email should be sent to Brent Wieand, Esquire at [email protected] Emailed applications should contain the subject, “Wieand Legal Scholarship Fall 2016”. Paper applications should be mailed to:
Wieand Law Firm, LLC
1735 Market St.
Philadelphia, PA 19103
HOW MAY THE SCHOLARSHIP BE USED?
The Wieand Legal Scholarship is to be used exclusively for school tuition and related expenses. A check for $1‚000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s university or college to cover educational expenses.
HOW MANY SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AWARDED?
The Wieand Legal Scholarship will be awarded to one student who demonstrates academic excellence, achievement, and promise for succeeding in the practice of law.
WILL YOU ACCEPT MY UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT?
No. An official transcript is required from your school’s registrar’s office.
WHAT PAPERWORK DO I NEED TO SUBMIT FOR PROOF OF ENROLLMENT?
If you are an undergraduate student planning to attend law school in the Fall of 2016, proof of acceptance to an ABA approved law school would be sufficient to demonstrate application eligibility. Undergraduate students must submit proof of enrollment from your college’s registration prior to disbursement of scholarship funds.
For current law school students‚ proof of enrollment demonstrating you plan to be a full-time student for fall 2016 is required. Failing to provide the necessary materials will disqualify your application.
Your school’s registrar’s office should be able to supply you with documentation of your enrollment. This document must come from the registrar. We are unable to accept print outs or digital versions of your class schedule.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The Wieand Legal Scholarship is available to students pursuing a Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree for the Fall Semester of 2016. This includes undergraduate students applying to an ABA approved law school that have been accepted and will enroll for the fall semester of 2016‚ as well as current law school students who are pursuing Juris Doctorate degree at an ABA approved law school for Fall 2016. If you have a question regarding the eligibility of your program, please feel free to get in touch with us.
ABOUT US: The Wieand Law Firm was founded by Brent Wieand who is a personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia, PA. We represent seriously injured clients throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey in a wide variety of matters including car accidents, medical malpractice, premises liability and workplace injuries.
DATA USE POLICY: Information gathered is used only to determine the authenticity of application materials and enrollment status. Attorney Wieand does not disseminate this information to third parties nor does he consider submission of this information as permission to receive future promotional materials. The confidentiality of submitter information is maintained at all times. Application materials are destroyed after the evaluation process, during which our annual winner is chosen. I look forward to reviewing your submissions. Good luck!