Depending on where you live and how far you are willing to travel, you may have dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of options when it comes to choosing a nursing home for your elderly parent or grandparent. But with the rampant problems of nursing home abuse in Philadelphia and the need for PA nursing home lawyers, how do you know which nursing homes are highly regarded, and which should perhaps be avoided?
The 50 Highest Rated PA and NJ Nursing Homes within 25 Miles of Philadelphia
Medicare Compare is “the official U.S. Government site for Medicare.” It also happens to be a comprehensive source of nursing home ratings and statistics, which makes it a great tool to help narrow down your selection when evaluating potential facilities for your mom or dad.
As of September 2016, Medicare Compare has data on 177 nursing homes within 25 miles of Philadelphia. That number increases to 293 facilities when the search radius is expanded to 50 miles, and to 674 facilities when the search radius is expanded to 100 miles. However, for the purposes of this article, we will be focusing on senior care facilities that are located in or within 25 miles of the city.
Medicare Compare rates Philadelphia nursing homes based on four metrics: quality measures, staffing, health inspections, and overall rating. The following list is ranked based on overall ratings, but Medicare Compare also gives users the option to sort by any of the other metrics. For instance, if you are especially concerned about nursing home understaffing, you may wish to sort by staffing ratings.
Five stars is considered “much above average,” four stars is “above average,” and three stars is “average.” All of the following facilities have earned five-star ratings from Medicare Compare.
Facilities marked with a single asterisk are located directly in the city of Philadelphia. Facilities marked with two asterisks are located in New Jersey, within 25 miles of the city. Otherwise, all of the facilities below are located in Pennsylvania.
- Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell**
- Beaumont at Bryn Mawr
- Brandywine Senior Care at Moorestown**
- Care One at Moorestown**
- Cathedral Village*
- Delaware Valley Veteran’s Home*
- The Evergreens**
- Foulkeways at Gwynedd
- Germantown Home*
- Harlee Manor
- The Health Center at the Hill at Whitemarsh
- Holy Family Home*
- Inspira Transitional Care Unit – Woodbury**
- Kearsley Rehabilitation and Nursing Center*
- The Redeemer – Lafayette*
- Lankenau Hospital TCC
- Lions Gate**
- Little Flower Manor
- Masonic Village at Lafayette Hill
- Masonic Village at Warminster
- The Meadows at Shannondell
- Medford Care Center**
- Medford Leas **
- Oakwood Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center*
- The Palace Rehabilitation and Care Center**
- Paul’s Run*
- Pennypack Center*
- Philadelphia Nursing Home*
- Philadelphia Protestant Home*
- Phoebe Wyncote
- Powerback Rehabilitation – Moorsetown**
- Presbyterian Center for Continuing Care*
- Renaissance Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center*
- Saint Joseph Villa
- Shady Lane Gloucester County Home**
- The TCU at Nazareth Hospital*
- Tucker House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center*
- Twining Hall
- United Methodist Communities at Collingswood**
- Virtua Health & Rehabilitation Center at Berlin**
- Voorhees Pediatric Facility**
- Wiley Mission**
- William Hood Dunwoody Care Center
- Willowbrook Court – Fort Washington
- Willowbrook Court – Lima Estate
- Willowbrook Court – Normandy
- Wood River Village
- Wyndmoor Hills Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center
Worried About Elder Abuse? Contact a Philadelphia Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
Please be advised that the above list is subject to change due to closures. Likewise, a nursing home can always improve – or decline – in its quality of care, as a nursing home lawyer in Philadelphia, PA knows well. While Medicare Compare is a helpful place to get started, it’s always a good idea to visit a nursing home in person before you decide it is the right facility for your loved one.
A high-quality nursing home has nothing to hide, so personnel should be enthusiastic about showing off the facility’s features and transparently addressing any concerns you might have. You have a right to know that your parent or grandparent will be in good hands, and your loved one has a right to be safe and healthy, so don’t be shy about asking tough questions, as a nursing home abuse lawyer in Philadelphia, PA would recommend.
If you’re concerned that your mother, father, grandmother, or grandfather is being abused or neglected at their current nursing home, you should report nursing home abuse right away. You should also talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer from a PA nursing home law firm about the possibility of getting compensated for nursing home bedsores and other injuries or mismanaged illnesses. Call the Wieand Law Firm, LLC at (888) 789-3161 today for a free legal consultation.
*Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes and is not legal advice. The Wieand Law Firm, LLC is based in Philadelphia, PA, and proud to serve clients throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.*