When you are injured through medical malpractice, you are likely seeking the medical malpractice lawyer in Philadelphia. When it comes to our health, most people have no problem going to a doctor’s office or a hospital when something is wrong. This could range from a broken bone to needing a heart transplant. Many people pay a great deal for their health insurance, and when they get to the hospital, they can breathe a sigh of relief because the doctors and nurses are there to ensure they are getting the help they need and that they will be better when they leave the hospital. However, not all people are so lucky to walk out healthier than they were when they went in. In fact, medical malpractice can leave a patient with serious infections or severely injured. If you believe you are the victim of medical malpractice, and you are trying to figure out who is the medical malpractice lawyer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania call Wieand Law Firm, LLC today.
What is medical malpractice?
While it is not uncommon for mistakes to happen in hospitals, some of these are completely avoidable. When a medical professional (like a nurse or a doctor) makes a mistake while treating you that could have been completely avoided, you likely have a medical malpractice case on your hands. When this is the case, it is necessary to get help from one of Philadelphia’s medical malpractice lawyers.
However, in some cases, it is important to note that not every undesirable outcome after a medical procedure is due to a doctor or nurse committing medical malpractice.
How does a judge determine if a medical professional committed medical malpractice?
Your medical malpractice lawyer must be able to prove that the medical professional:
- Treated you and owed you a certain standard of care.
- Was negligent in some way while they were treating you.
- This negligence directly caused your injury or even death.
It will be incredibly important that your lawyer proves that other reasonable doctors would not have made the same decision in the same circumstances, and this can be proven using medical experts in your case.
Common Examples of Medical Malpractice
There are many common types of medical malpractice.
- Failing to Diagnose. If your doctor did not diagnose your symptoms in enough time or simply did not diagnose them at all when another competent doctor would have, this delay could cause your injury or even death.
- Failing to Provide Informed Consent. When a doctor wishes to proceed with a certain type of medical treatment, they must disclose any risks or complications that may arise with the procedure. If, however, the patient did not know the risks ahead of time and may even have declined the procedure had they known, this is a form of medical malpractice.
- Failing to Administer the Right Treatment. If your doctor diagnosed you correctly but did not give you the right treatment for your ailment, a judge may consider this medical malpractice.
Are you wondering who the medical malpractice lawyer in Philadelphia, PA is?
When a doctor or other medical professional has injured you while you were under their care, you should act as soon as possible with an attorney you can trust. For more information, and to speak with someone who is the medical malpractice lawyer in Philadelphia, contact Wieand Law Firm, LLC today.