Medical malpractice can arise any time a patient is in the care of a medical professional. This can involve a delay or failure in diagnosing or treating injury or illness that then causes aggravated injuries. Medical malpractice lawyers in Philadelphia, PA help thousands of people each year who have been the victim of scientific negligence or medical malpractice.
Contact an Attorney
Many people don’t recognize how often medical malpractice occurs. Every year there are thousands of people that are either injured from scientific negligence or medical malpractice. Some patients might even die from illness or injuries that could have been dealt with or prevented with proper medical care. If this happens to you or your loved one has been injured, or if your loved one has died as a result of medical malpractice, you can contact a professional, experienced lawyer, like a medical malpractice lawyer Kansas City, MO trusts from Royce Injury Attorneys, for help. Medical malpractice claims can be hard because health records have to be researched and guidelines and regulations need to be followed as a way to prove that injuries had been aggregated or sustained due to the medical negligence or medical malpractice.
Common Medical Malpractice Claims
Since medical malpractice can happen in many different situations, medical malpractice claims can take many specific forms, for many reasons. Some of the common medical malpractice claims are:
- Birth injury – when an infant is born, medical malpractice can arise because of mistakes made in the delivery of the infant.
- Cerebral palsy – this is a medical condition that occurs due to abnormal brain growth, which causes brain damage. Many times cerebral palsy can be caused by medical errors or medical malpractice, which include birth injury.
- Failure to diagnose – in case your healthcare provider fails to diagnose you for an illness or injuries, they could be held accountable for medical malpractice because they did not prescribe a treatment, and as a result allowed the illness or injuries to progress.
- Medication errors – if you are prescribed the incorrect drug, it is considered medical malpractice, and the results can be disastrous. If you are allergic to certain substances, the wrong medicinal drug can even cause death.
- Defective medical devices – if you are injured or suffer medical problems because you’re given or prescribed a faulty medical device, the healthcare provider can be held responsible from any damages or injuries sustained.
- Wrongful death – every year, thousands of people die from medical malpractice or medical negligence. If any of your loved ones died because of medical malpractice, you could contact an experienced Philadelphia medical malpractice lawyer.
Medical malpractice or medical negligence can cause serious health issues for people. If you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice, you’re entitled to compensation for the ensuing medical bills, misplaced wages, loss of leisure of life, and other damages.