Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common forms of personal injury claims, as a Philadelphia slip and fall lawyer from Wieand Law Firm can explain. They are commonplace because a slip and fall accident can occur virtually anywhere. Despite your efforts to ensure that you are not injured, accidents can be inevitable. When a property owner fails to uphold their duty of care to keep the people on their property safe, they could be held liable. The following are some of the most common injuries sustained in slip and fall accidents:
- Broken bones
- Spinal Injuries such as herniated discs
- Nerve Damage
- Traumatic Brain injuries
- Strains / Sprains
- Cuts and lacerations
These injuries can wreak havoc on a person’s life, as our Philadelphia slip and fall lawyers have seen all too often. Injuries from such an accident can cause long-term disabilities and chronic pain that you are forced to contend with for the rest of your life.
Types of Slip and Fall Accident Cases we Handle
In a number of situations, slip and fall injuries are the result of negligence on the part of a business owner. Slip and falls commonly occur due to:
- Something on the floor such as water or an object that has not been cleaned up, resulting in someone either tripping or slipping.
- Flooring that has not been maintained and as a result has cracks or uneven surfaces that can cause someone to trip.
- Work zones that do not have the appropriate signage to warn a pedestrian or consumer of a hazard.
- Stairs that have not been properly maintained, including broken stairs or railings.
If you believe that the property owner was negligent, it may be appropriate to take legal action with the help of a Philadelphia slip and fall lawyer from Wieand Law Firm. By consulting with one of our attorneys regarding the details of your case, you may have the answers you need to move forward.
Consult a Respected Philadelphia Slip and Fall Lawyer
Suffering from an injury because of another person’s negligence can be frustrating. Chances are, if you have sustained injuries, taking legal action could be the right step to take. Let Wieand Law Firm partner with you in resolving your slip and fall case. Call us today to arrange a free case review with a Philadelphia slip and fall lawyer who residents turn to for help.