Medical Malpractice Lawyer Philadelphia, PA
Our trusted medical malpractice lawyer Philadelphia, PA relies on from Wieand Law Firm, LLC knows that there are certain groups of people you may put your trust in more than others: firefighters, police officers, and doctors, just to name a few. However, when a doctor makes a negligent mistake, their mistake can be much more costly than another person’s mistake. When a doctor, nurse, or medical professional makes a mistake, it could mean you are left with a serious injury or even a death in the family. Our Philadelphia, Pennsylvania medical malpractice lawyer wants you to know that if you have experienced an injury at the hands of a healthcare provider or if a mistake has caused a loved one’s death, you should reach out to our office so we can begin helping you pick up the pieces.
What constitutes medical malpractice?
Our medical malpractice lawyer in Philadelphia knows that you may be wondering if any mistake a healthcare provider makes means that medical malpractice has occurred. This is a particularly complex area of law and just because a mistake happened does not mean you will be successful in filing a medical malpractice claim and winning. Instead, there are certain factors that must be present for a valid medical malpractice claim.
- You were under the care of a medical professional and they owed you a certain duty of care. This means that the medical professional was actively responsible for your wellbeing. Casually asking a doctor for advice does not mean that they owed you a duty of care.
- The medical professional in some way violated that duty of care in a way that other medical professionals would not have.
- Because they violated that duty of care, you suffered from actual injuries.
- The injuries you suffered from were bad enough to need compensation.
How can a Philadelphia, PA medical malpractice lawyer help me?
If you suspect that medical malpractice has occurred, you should not try to bring a lawsuit forward on your own. Hiring a medical malpractice lawyer will give you a better chance of recovering full compensation for damages such as:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
Get the Help You Need From Our Team Today!
If you have any more questions regarding a medical malpractice lawsuit, please reach out to our medical malpractice lawyer in Philadelphia, PA from Wieand Law Firm, LLC now.